Advancing the Field
The need for affordable housing is greater than ever. When MidPen opens a new community we commonly receive well over 1000 applications per 50 homes. This means there are still thousands of working families and seniors living in substandard housing or left without money for other necessities after paying their rent.
We are committed to narrowing the gap between the supply of quality affordable housing and the need for it. We work with local, state and national leaders in both the public and private sectors to promote policies that increase affordable housing opportunities for the people who need them.
At all levels of our organization, MidPen supports and actively participates in the efforts of leading advocacy groups. Our President and CEO, Matt Franklin, sits on the board of regional, state and national organizations that drive legislation and regulations in support of affordable housing. He and other members of our leadership team are often called on to testify or provide expert advice on issues related to affordable housing policy and public funding.
Allies and Partnerships
- California Coalition for Rural Housing
- California Housing Consortium
- EBHO – East Bay Housing Organization
- Grand Boulevard Initiative Task Force
- Housing California
- Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County
- Housing Partnership Network
- Housing Trust of Santa Clara County
- NAHMA – National Affordable Housing Management Association
- National Housing Trust
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group