Policy and Advocacy
Promoting policies that increase affordable housing opportunities
MidPen Housing’s 2022 Legislative Priorities
MidPen housing works diligently with our partners to support proven affordable housing solutions. For the 2022-23 California legislative session, MidPen will support the following Bills and Constitutional Amendments.
Bill and Amendment Support Letters
This year, the need to reform and invest in housing infrastructure is more pressing than ever. MidPen has taken a support position on 21 bills, advocating for important legislative changes to shift the affordable housing landscape in the Bay Area, working toward the common goal of safe, affordable housing for all.
Our 2022 Legislative Priorities:
Housing Element Best Practices
MidPen has compiled a set of case studies to illustrate high-impact policies advanced in the last Housing Element cycle and suggest strategies based on successful implementation.
This cycle presents an important opportunity to build and expand upon what worked previously to plan for equitable growth.
Allies and Partnerships
MidPen staff members have board seats on and/or otherwise work with and support the following organizations. We encourage you to visit their websites to learn how you can get involved.
- All Home
- California Coalition for Rural Housing
- California Housing Consortium
- California Housing Partnership Corporation
- EBHO – East Bay Housing Organization
- Generation Housing
- Grand Boulevard Initiative Task Force
- Housing California
- Housing Leadership Council of San Mateo County
- Housing Partnership Network
- Housing Santa Cruz County
- Housing Trust of Santa Clara County
- NAHMA – National Affordable Housing Management Association
- National Housing Trust
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Silicon Valley Leadership Group
Affordable Housing Map & Benefits Calculator
Mapping existing federal- and state-subsidized affordable housing and estimates the benefits these affordable homes generate for both residents and surrounding communities.
Housing Needs Dashboard
For data on housing need, market conditions, federal and state funding for affordable housing, and production and preservation trends.