Find a Job
Our Core Values
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds – those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
- Integrity: We provide accurate, transparent and timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all parts of our business ethically, honestly and fairly in an environment where authenticity is welcomed and affirmed.
- Collaboration: We work as a team that actively participates in inclusive communication. We seek out, honor, listen to, and include diverse opinions, ideas and skill sets to achieve common goals. We understand that we are truly better together, and that individual success is linked to our success as a team.
- Accountability: We follow through in a timely manner on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We take responsibility for – and learn from – our actions.
- Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors and the communities in which we work with dignity, equity, and compassion. We welcome social, cultural, and intellectual diversity, and we recognize and value the unique contributions that everyone makes in all areas of our work.
- Excellence: We strive for quality and professionalism and provide equitable opportunities for success. We create an environment of belonging where we encourage learning and understanding, value input, inspire extraordinary work, and recognize results.
Our Guiding Principles
In support of our mission and core values we commit to uphold these equity-centered guiding principles:
- Diversity: Diversity is the range of human differences represented at MidPen – including various personal characteristics, races, cultural experiences, and points of view – that make MidPen who we are as an organization. Diversity illustrates all the unique ways in which we differ, and how those differences make MidPen stronger.
- Equity: Equity is how we attain fairness and inclusion by considering different needs based on both historical and current disadvantages. We strive to meet the needs of MidPenners and residents. Equity is different from equality. With equality, everybody gets the same thing. With equity, resources are allocated and distributed based on different needs.
- Inclusion: Inclusion is action. Inclusion is our everyday behavior and organizational norms that intentionally respect, appreciate, and make the most of the uniqueness that we bring – as individuals and groups – to MidPen.
- Belonging: Belonging is what happens when each MidPenner feels that they matter and are accepted unconditionally for who they are. Belonging turns “otherness” into “togetherness”.
MidPen Housing Corp. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.