MidPen Housing is one of the nation’s leading non-profit developers, owners and managers of high-quality affordable housing. In the 45-plus years since MidPen was founded, we have developed over 100 communities and 8,000 homes for low-income families, seniors and special needs individuals throughout Northern California. Our developments are award-winning and nationally recognized.
At MidPen, it’s about the mission and the people we serve. We build beautiful buildings but our vision goes well beyond that. Our work at MidPen is driven by the belief that safe, affordable housing provides the foundation people need to advance other areas of their lives and to contribute to their communities. We’ve seen this happen time and again. To read about some of the lives we’ve helped change, visit Our Residents.
- Real Estate Development: extensive experience in site acquisition and planning, entitlements, community outreach, design and construction management. Learn more »
- Financing: a solid track record in securing both public and private funding and proven expertise in positioning projects for long-term financial sustainability.
- Property and Asset Management: quality management and appropriate capital investments that ensure sustainable operations and maintain our portfolio’s long-term value. Learn more »
- Resident Services: comprehensive on-site support services and programs to help our residents advance, all delivered through our staff and a network nearly 200 service provider partners. Learn more »
- Developed or rehabbed over 8,000 affordable homes
- An additional 2,572 affordable homes are in construction, entitlement or pre-development
- Manage 103 properties with a total of 7,207 units
- Provide homes for more than 16,600 Northern California residents
- Manage assets, primarily of real estate, worth over $1.3 Billion
- Invest $6.3 million annually in resident services and partner with nearly 200 service providers
- Work in 11 counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Yuba
- Have received over 100 industry awards and honors for our work
- Employ over 400 people